Code 128 is a variable length, one dimensional, very
high density and alphanumeric barcode symbology capable
of encoding uppercase and lowercase letters, digits,
other special functions and whole ASCII character set. Code 128 is a compact barcode font
build in 1981 by Computer Identics. Code 128 barcode
symbology can be renowned as UCC-128,
GS1-128, EAN-128 and others.
Character set of Code 128 Barcode
Code 128 barcode symbology hold three dissimilar sets of characters:
- Set A contains uppercase alphabets, numeric values, control codes, punctuation.
- Set B includes capital letters, numeric values, lowercase letters and punctuation.
- Set C comprises of dual density numeric values varying from 00 to 99.
Structure of Code 128 Barcode
Code 128 barcode structure consists of the following elements:
1. A begin character (*).
2. Message to be encoded.
3. Check digit or character.
4. End character.
5. Termination bar (bar+space+bar).
Each character of Code 128 is characterized by six parts (3 bars and 3 spaces).
Applications of Code
1. Confirmation services use Code 128 barcode symbology to print barcode labels.
2. Applied in industries.
3. Subset C is employed by USS Code
128 to print barcode.
Generate Code 128 Barcodes through Barcode Generator.