UCC/EAN 128 is an enhancement over Code 128. UCC/EAN 128 implements application identifiers and created to provide a worldwide design and set for transferring universal data between companies.
UCC/EAN 128 also renowned with GS1-128 / EAN-128,
EAN-128, UCC-128, USS-128, GS1-128, UCC.EAN-128,
GTIN-128, UCC-12, EAN/UCC-13, EAN/UCC-14.
Character set of UCC EAN 128 Barcode
Character set of UCC/EAN-128 barcode symbology covers subsequent sections:
- Start code.
- FNC1 is employed to identify barcodes
matched with the UCC/EAN 128 standard.
- Application Identifier can be defined
as a 2, 3 or 4 digit number recognizing the type of data
to be followed.
- Stop Code.
Structure of UCC EAN 128 Barcode
UCC/EAN 128 barcode symbology has the following structure:
1. Digits (0-9) of inconsistent length.
2. Starting character C followed by FNC1 character (102) and other remaining.
3. A check digit (calculated according to modulo 103).
1. UCC/EAN 128 is used to assign bulk numbers on products in retail stores.
2. Many industries implement UCC/EAN 128 barcodes.
3. UCC/EAN 128 commences a normal method to cluster a
package with extra information including batch number or "use before" dates.
Generate Code UCC EAN Barcodes through Barcode Generator.