Barcode scanner is an effective electronic, optical and portable or fixed device designed to read information printed in the distinctive barcodes by shining beam on them. Barcode scanner have sensor to read and decode the barcode by detection and processing of reflectivity of light. Scanner is automatic data capture device, operate at specific distances and scan barcodes accurately. Barcode Scanner consists of an objective, focusing lens, a light source and a light sensor converting optical impulses into electrical ones at varying distance.
Barcode Scanner is also recognized as Barcode Reader. Versatile, snappy and accurate scanner is designed to automatically amend to distinct interfaces. Scanner is fully compatible in quicker and intuitive reading for number of different high and low density barcodes even damaged or poorly printed. User friendly barcode reader comprises a ideal balance of performance, class-leading durability, innovative reading performance and connectivity solutions.
Reader offers hands-free mode for fast, world-class scanning with minimum effort to achieve outstanding results. Barcode scanner relies on the instinctive reading distance concept which concludes for near contact to over 20 cm. Barcode Scanner appease the requirements of a comprehensive range of applications in various industries and environments to offer spontaneous reading of high resolution barcodes with excellent speed. Scanner integrates different beeper tones, volumes error and good read output preferences. Scanner is perfectly compatible with new standards of Plug & Play and do no require any other special software or driver to install and configure.
Reader scans barcodes of objects conveniently in both modes either from hand or stand. When place barcode of any object in front of scanner, the scanner beeps, a green spot remains on to show the operator where to position the barcode and automatically read the code quickly.
- Pen or wand-type readers.
- Semi-automatic handheld readers
- Fix-mount readers
- Reader gates
Huge list of scanners available for appropriate scanning of distinctive barcodes. Widely used scanners are:
- Laser Barcode Scanners
- CCD Barcode Scanners
- 2D Barcode Scanners
- Omni-Directional Barcode Scanners
- Imager Barcode Scanners
- Long-range Barcode Scanners
- Infrared Barcode Scanners
- Portable Barcode Scanners
- Mobile Barcode Scanners
- Datalogic/PSC PowerScan Barcode Scanners
Barcode Reader proposes number of connections to scan any kind of barcode. Few of them are:
- USB Barcode Scanners
- PS2 Keyboard Wedge Barcode Scanners
- RS-232 (Serial) Barcode Scanners
- RF / Cordless Barcode Scanners
- Wireless Barcode Scanner
- Batch Barcode Scanners
- Bluetooth Barcode Scanners
- Stationary Scanners
- Cabled Scanners
- Wireless Scanners
Most leading and conventional forms of scanner are:
- Handheld Barcode Scanners
- Pen / Wand Barcode Scanners
- Projection Barcode Scanners
- Hands-Free Barcode Scanners
- PDA Barcode Scanners
Specific scanners are proficient for several unlike and independent applications. Some common of them are:
- Point of Sale
- Postal Services
Few basic accessories required for scanning of barcodes through specific barcode scanner are:
- Barcode Scanners Stand
- Barcode Scanners Cable
- Barcode Scanners Battery
Barcode Scanner offers various distinguished scanning approaches. Some common and highly required methods are:
- Pen or wand-type readers: requires the operator to putdown the pen over the code to read the code. Pen or wand- type reader reads the barcode by moving the tip of the pen or wand across the bars in stable flow.
- Semi-automatic handheld readers: Scans easily without swipe just places the reader at least position or close to the barcode for accurate reading. Accomplish an intermediate solution for barcode scanning.
- Fix-mount readers: Allows for automatic reading and performed scanning by passing the label over the reader. Operator is not required for reading the barcode. On the other hand the position of the code target must concur with the imaging capability of the reader.
- Reader gates: Proficient in automatic scanning. Barcode must be placed at position just under the correct distance for capture perfect, error free code in minimal time.
Distinctive categories of scanners handle the scanning of several different barcodes. Mainly scanners categorizes as:
- Stationary Scanners- Scanning solid device mounted on a table or wall for reliable identification. Commonly used at checkout counters of retailers and other supermarkets. Laser, 2D (Stationary Scanner), CCD, Omni-Directional etc. belongs to Stationary Scanners.
- Cabled Scanners- Compatible to scan any barcode without any error or confusion and reduce notable labor. CCD, linear, area imaging solutions etc. are considered in cabled category. Offers various types like Auto-Trigger, CCD, Pistol, 2D (Cabled Scanner) etc.
- Wireless Scanners- Approach for convenient and high level scanning of barcodes. Provides unparallel performance and easy to operate due to lightweight. Precisely developed for rugged industries such that transportation, manufacturing, distribution, logistics etc.